Wood floors are a natural product and therefore need to acclimate to their new home. Jet Services recommends a 4 week acclimation period for unfinished floors before finishing. We recommend 1 week for prefinished floors.
A real hardwood floor will last the life of the home and can be refinished multiple times as needed. Most other types of flooring will be replaced every 5 to 7 years. Therefore, when considering the life-cycle cost of different types of flooring, hardwood actually ends up being less expensive in most cases. If bought with a new home for example, hardwood flooring will still be in service at the end of a 30 year mortgage, while most other flooring will have been replaced approximately 5 times.
Onsite refinished floors can be walked on the day after the final coating is applied. The floor can withstand light traffic.
- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OIL BASE AND WATER BASE FINISH?
- SHOULD I PUT WOOD FLOORS IN MY KITCHEN?
- SHOULD I CHOOSE PRE-FINISHED OR SITE FINISHED HARDWOOD FLOORING?
- MY FLOORS HAVE SOME GAPS IN BETWEEN THE BOARDS, MOSTLY DURING THE HEATING SEASON, IS THIS NORMAL?
- HOW MUCH DUST CAN I EXPECT WHEN I HAVE MY FLOORS DONE?
- HOW LONG WILL THE JOB TAKE?
- HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN MOVE MY FURNITURE BACK?